Photos by LA PHOTOGRAPHY
Good morning everyone! How was your weekend? I felt like I was pretty much productive yet had my share of relaxation this weekend too. As you probably saw on social media I had some friends over on Saturday for a little pool day shindig. The summer is one of my favorite times because I love just lounging by the pool and not having a care in the world. Then yesterday I was super productive with church, shopping, nails, brunch…you know just typical Sunday things 😉 There has been one of my favorite events and that is showers that have been happening as well. I don’t know about you but last year all of my good friends got married and then this year I feel like they are now all having babies. It is such a fun time during this part of their life and lots of milestones to attend, especially their bridal and baby showers. If you saw my bridal shower post you know that I was heavily involved in attending and planning these last year. This year I have just been invited to a couple of baby showers and bridal showers. Not that I don’t love helping out because I am a planner at heart, I just sometimes like just attending as well. If you have been a bridesmaid before or are hosting the shower for one of your friends, you know you are much more interested in making sure the decorations and food are put together instead of figuring out what to wear to the shower itself. Here are some of my tips that I think you should think about when putting together an outfit for this special moment in your family member or friends life.
- Wear Comfy Shoes: If you are hosting the shower then I think you will for sure want to stick to this piece of advice. Between setting up the decorations and the food and then helping with the presents afterward, your feet are going to get a little tired if you are in uncomfortable shoes. I think this same advice goes if you are a guest too. Lately they have the cutest flats out in the stores and I love how mules, slides and embellished sandals like these are so popular right now!
- A Simple Dress Does the Trick: There is nothing wrong with just a classic dress to wear for this event. I have worn this dress to weddings and I have also worn it to a nice brunch. It is versatile enough that you can mix and match it with accessories to give it a different feel. It is also extremely comfy and not skin hugging, which is always good as you want to look classy when going to a shower as well.
- When In Doubt Add a Jacket: Now if you are attending a shower in Texas in the summer this might be a little crazy, but honestly I don’t know about you but depending on where the shower is it could be cold. I am always getting cold at my office so I can only imagine if other venues or people’s homes are really cold too. Having the jacket just draped over your shoulders is easy to bring and a chic way to wear it.
- Neutral Colors Are the Best: It is all about the guest who is being honored whether that is the bride or the soon to be mom. This means that all eyes should be on her and not your outfit. I know future brides tend to wear a white dress to their shower, but some like to wear a fun dress that sticks out and is really unique. I would steer clear from an all white dress if you are going to a bridal shower because that is one old fashioned etiquette rule that I still think always needs to be followed. Other than white a simple outfit in a neutral color is the way to go for a shower.
- A Smile is Your Best Accessory: When attending a shower it should be all smiles, and this will really be your best accessory for the event. Whether you are hosting it and want guests to feel welcomed or you are a guest, a smile is always the one item that everyone loves to see. Engage with other guests, play those silly games, have fun, and try to stay for the whole shower. After all it is not very often that these type of events happen in your family or friend’s life, even if you have already been to about 50 others this year.
I hope some of these tips helped you all for any upcoming showers you might have. At the end of the day, don’t stress too much on what to wear. As long as you look classy, comfortable, and happy that is all that is going to matter anyway. It is all about the guest on this special day and honoring them. If you ever have any shower tips or advice please send me a message as these types of events are my favorite 🙂